About Cuba TIES 2016
The 2nd Workshop of Strategic Alliances for the Internationalization of Higher Education (Cuba TIES 2016) returns on October 24, 2016.
Educational Leaders, experts, professors and students from around the world are invited to return to Cienfuegos from October 24 to 28, 2016 to continue the discussion and debate around issues of partnership, integration and sustainability. Our conference will take on the campuses of La Universidad de Cienfuegos and at historic locations around the city.
This year, we have extended our themes into specific fields to increase academic diversity and further stimulate partnership building and sustainable collaborations. Our workshops will include dialogues in the following areas:
- University Administrators and Professional Staff: Challenges and rewards of international education in the 21st century
- Pedagogy and Teaching in the 21st-Century University
- Energy, the Environment, and Eco-systems: Sustainable programs for the future
- Socio-Cultural Studies: Interdisciplinarity as a model for collaborative research
- University Sports, Sports Management, Sports Education, Athletics and Fitness
- The Identification, Rescue, and Restoration of Patrimonial Sites: Connecting the Past to the Future
- Information Technology: Sustainable models for collaboration
To accommodate this expansion, we have extended the deadline for abstracts to June 15.
Also new to 2016, we have expanded our exhibit hall so you can learn about other Cuban educational institutions and community organizations. This is an opportunity for you to showcase your institution or organization and attract the attention of Cuban participants.
Lastly, as a bonus we are rounding out your Cuba experience by offering you an opportunity to visit other locations in Cuba with UCf professors that may be related to your area of interest after Cuba TIES 2016 (October 29 – 30). Whether this is your first time to Cuba or you’re a veteran, there is always something new to see and learn – especially in these times.
Browse through this site to see and learn more – then quickly register as space is limited. We look forward to seeing in back in the “Pearl of the South” this October.
The Organizers would like to thank the following organizations for their generous support of Cuba TIES 2016 and their dedication to sustainable partnerships in Cuba.